CARING FOR YOUR JEWELLERY:
1. Your jewellery should be stored in a dry place away from humidity, moisture and extreme temperatures.
2. Don't forget to remove your rings when washing up or showering, as soap particles may become lodged in stone settings and crevices. Soaps can also leave a film over metal and stones, creating a dull appearance.
3. Store your jewellery in its own box or pouch to prevent scratching, chipping and entanglement.
4. Before sale our silver jewellery is white rhodium plated & brass jewellery gold plated. Exposed to the atmosphere, all silver & brass is prone to oxidization and consequent tarnishing.
5. Gentle rubbing with a silver cleaning cloth will restore the brilliance of the surface.
6. Do not use liquid cleaners for carved silver jewellery as the liquid dries into the engraving.
7. If you wear your gold or white rhodium plated silver or brass jewellery for significant periods of time, the plating will eventually wear down. To restore its appearance, you can have it re-plated.
8. Make sure your jewellery is not in regular contact with hard surfaces, which will scratch or wear down the plating.
9. Never use detergent, soap, toothpaste etc to clean your jewellery.
10. When dressing, jewellery should always be put on last as make up, cosmetics and perfumes can cause damage to delicate items.
11. All stone jewellery requires extra care and consideration during wearing to protect the setting as well as to safeguard gemstone it holds.